Monday, January 7, 2013

Skin Fix

Moving from California to Colorado has been such a wonderful change in our lives.  The people are so friendly here, we live in a wonderful neighborhood, and the sun is shining bright everyday.
My only complaint is that it is so incredibly DRY here!!
I had no idea that my skin was going to be perpetually dry (and itchy).  No matter what kind of moisturizer I have been using- and I've tried several- has anything really helped.
Until now.
At the recommendation of my hairdresser (who is a true and rare Denver native), and the gal at Whole Foods, I have started using oils with my regular routine.  They are inexpensive (I bought mine at Whole Foods and they were each under $10), and they have made a big difference already.
It sounds a little hippie-dippy, but I swear it works and is so much cheaper than buying other useless face and body creams.


For my face I am now using Argan Oil by Aura Cacia mixed with my regular moisturizer (which is Obagi Hydrate).  Because Argan oil is a dry oil, I can put it on my face and feel hydrated and still be able to put my makeup on over it.  I have found that with so many heavier face creams, my makeup would just slide right off.
Add caption
For the rest of my body I bought some Grapeseed Oil by Now, and mix that with my body lotion which is Aveeno right now.  The grapeseed oil is supposed to be really good for your skin and it is not as dry as the Argan oil.  I have heard that people use it on their faces also, but I feel that it is a little to greasy for my face during the day- but maybe for night.
Now® Grapeseed Oil - NNF - GNC
For the record- I still swear by Burts Bees Mama Bee Nourishing Oil   for pregnant mama bellies that I blogged about here, and the Kiehls Creme de Corps Soy Milk & Honey Whipped Body Butter that I blogged about here.  

1 comment:

  1. This was such a good post, I have had the most itchy neck lately, prob from absolutely no moisturizer or just not enough moisture. I never even think about using oils...what about the Josie Maran one? I want to try the argan oil tomorrow. Thanks Ms. Bambino!

    ReplyDelete