Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Southern Porch Addition

I want to share with you one of my most re-pinned pins on Pinterest- a screened porch addition that was featured in Southern Living Magazine.  
I love finding homes that are well designed and actually look like someone lives there.  
So many of the photos I see are of homes that have been professionally decorated and designed- and although very beautiful, they do not look well-loved and lived-in. 
  
Here is my #1 pin...
I love the view to the porch when you walk in the door.  
View to the Porch
via
The back porch has a beautiful outdoor kitchen that is directly behind the indoor kitchen with a pass-through window- eliminating the need to have a full outdoor setup.  
I also love that the fireplace is used to house the barbecue. 
The Outdoor Kitchen
via
On the opposite end of the porch is a cozy sitting area with another fireplace.  The hanging porch swing is a bit unexpected amongst the other furniture, but so nice.
The Fireside Lounge
via
This is what the porch addition looks like from outside.   It is such a functional and inviting space that can be used year-round and such a great way to add square footage to a house.  And I love the fire pit!  This family looks like they know how to have a good time!
Screened Porch Addition
via

No comments:

Post a Comment