Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Palm Springs Recap

We are back from a fantastic vacation in Palm Springs.  It was beyond wonderful- lots of time at the pool, shopping, eating, and cocktails!  I have a few pictures to share...
We are ready to buy a house in Palm Springs- the neighborhoods and homes are adorable.



The Trina Turk store is absolutely wonderful.  There is now clothing, swimwear, Mr. Turk, and residential.  The residential section is where it's at... My sister and I could have gone mad in there.  We limited ourselves to taking home just a few small goodies- frames, bowl, coffee table book, eyeglass case...

Since my sister and her boyfriend go to Palm Springs often and stay at the Ace Hotel- she had to take me to check it out.  I loved it!! 
Above is a picture of me in the lobby- and a view from where we had a cocktail by the pool.  It is definitely a place we will be going to stay without the baby.

One of the highlights of the trip was having lunch at The Parker.  The Jonathan Adler designed hotel is a must see- although we decided that we wouldn't want to stay there.  The  furnishing are a total Adler-bonanza (fun, bright, loud), but the overall feel of the place is very quiet and private (and not that much fun!). 
I did, however, have THE BEST fish tacos of my life there!!! If I could eat them everyday- I would.  I will go there again just to eat those tacos!!!
We stayed at the JW Marriott- Desert Springs Resort which was a wonderful place for a family vacation. Very child friendly- except for on Saturdays when the place becomes a bachelor/ette party hot spot and the pool is packed.  The picture above was taken during a slow time at the pool!

All around is what a fabulous vacation- and now we are home and back to reality! It's always good to be home

No comments:

Post a Comment