Friday, March 23, 2012

Pottery Barn Kids vs. Etsy

I just received the new Pottery Barn Kids catalog in the mail today and I am loving so many of the new things they are showing.  
(Lots of Serena & Lily -ish pieces, but more about that later)  

Anyhow- I am working on incorporating more aqua into my baby's nursery so I was drawn to the Harper Aqua Nursery in particular...
Just the other day I spotted wonderful carnival photographs on Etsy- and today I am seeing them in the PBK catalog.  It got me thinking about what else I could find on Etsy.
Here is a little comparison...
Pottery Barn Kids Harper Aqua Nursery
The inspiration- unfortunately the other half of the room isn't shown
Carnival Photo in aqua gold Ferris wheel nursery art aquamarine Sparkles art for kids room cirque citrus lemon yellow  - 8x8  photograph
Honeytree Aqua Ferris Wheel
Photography Carnival photo - One More whirl - Whimsical photo - retro aqua teal peach colorful circus orange vintage home nursery decor 8x8
Honeytree Carnival Photo
Etsy find- $21 for 8x8 photograph or 3 for $58
Pottery Barn Kids- Fairground Framed Art
Pottery Barn Kids find: $99 for set of 3
Woven area rug in a Modern and Classy Cloud and Denton Chevron stripe in 5 ft by 8ft
House of Henderson Chevron Rug
Etsy find: $149 for 5x8 rug
Pottery Barn Kids Chevron Dhurrie Rug
Pottery Barn Kids find: $249 for 5x8 rug
Woven Reed Natural Basket Pendant Lamp Rich Carmel Walnut Stained Earth Friendly Green Bohemian Fixture
Belated Designs Woven Pendant Lamp
Etsy find: $95 for 14"x18" lamp
Pottery Barn Kids Woven Pendant Drum Light
Pottery Barn Kids find: $99 for 20.5"x12" lamp

Overall, I think Etsy has amazing finds at great prices but you take a gamble on the quality.   
Pottery Barn Kids always pleases, yet can be expensive if you are decorating an entire room.  
I choose PBK for furniture, but Etsy for accessories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment