Thursday, March 22, 2012

Eating with Tyler Florence

Recently I purchased some pre-packaged baby food for my little one for those times we are out and about during his meal times.  I feel very strongly about preparing Baby J's food at home, but there are times when I just need to be able to throw something in my bag...

I decided to try Sprout Baby Food.
Sprout - Organic Baby Food

Sprout is Tyler Florence's company- and my baby really liked the food he tried.  I was impressed to see Tyler Florence venturing out into the baby food arena.  Aside from it being easy and organic, buying (or even browsing) baby food gives me good ideas for combinations to make at home.
Baked Sweet Potatoes & White Beans
On another note...
Back in September I took my husband for his birthday to Tyler Florence's restaurant, Wayfare Tavern in San Francisco.  We couldn't help ourselves, and ordered more than our share- deviled eggs, steak tartare, wild mushroom papardelle, macaroni and cheese, popovers, wines, etc..  it was all so delicious.  We will definitely go back for another amazing meal and we definitely are fans of Tyler Florence.  
Wayfare Tavern Bar
Wayfare Tavern Dining Room
Wayfare Tavern Dining Room
Deviled Eggs

I also have one of his cookbooks, Dinner At My Place, which has some great, manageable recipes...
Tyler Florence: Dinner At My Place
I feel like he is Northern California's answer to Jamie Oliver (who was my first chef crush)... 

No comments:

Post a Comment