Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Book Review: Dr. Seuss Pops Up!

This Friday, March 2nd will be the 15th Read Across America day.  If you have never heard of it, it is a day to celebrate reading and is always on or near Dr. Seuss' birthday- March 2nd.

This day has become a huge day for school-age children.  The school I used to teach at invites guest readers from the community to read Dr. Seuss books to the kids. 

This year (since I am not teaching) I will be a guest reader.  Even though the school provides books, I will be bringing the amazing Pops Up! book.  It is seriously the best, and no one seems to have it. 

It covers 7 classic titles, in a pop-up and concise way- that holds even the most squirmy child's attention.  Think: Green Eggs and Ham, Cat in the Hat, Sneetches, Fox in Socks, etc...

Dr. Seuss Pops Up
Dr. Seuss Pops Up!

I learned to read with Dr. Seuss, and I plan to teach my children to read with Dr. Seuss. He is a true literary hero in my world...

If you are a fan of his (like me) check out the website www.seussville.com- it really is so much fun!

  




No comments:

Post a Comment